Our beautifully converted barn and gin gang lends itself perfectly for an elegant and rustic vibe, with floor to ceiling glass fronted doors, cosy lighting, original beams, timber and flagstone aesthetics, fairy-lit courtyards and roaring fires, all surrounded by the natural beauty of the Northumberland countryside.
Based within a working farm, the setting is peaceful with panoramic views where you can have the whole of Northside Farm exclusively for up to three days. Perfect for spending time with your nearest and dearest enjoying your wedding day and weekend, the way you want it.
Rustic weddings evoke a sense of organic simplicity, comfort, and timeless charm. They are known for being chic, stylish and seriously stylish.
Whether you’re planning an elaborate celebration or a more laid-back affair, here are some of our top ten rustic wedding ideas to think about:
- A Feeling of Home: At Northside Farm, anything goes so you can decorate it how you wish. For that rustic farm feel, you could create a homely atmosphere using soothing neutral tones, natural materials, and sturdy wood accents. Think about farm-to-table aesthetics and an understated design that enhances the beautiful surroundings.
- Natural Florals: Opting for unfussy floral arrangements with a mix of garden roses, olive leaves, ruffly petals, chamomile, and greenery lends itself well for a sweet and rustic vibe.
- Candles and Lanterns: For lighting, use candles and rustic lanterns to foster a relaxed, just-thrown-together feel. Consider local wild flowers for table decorations and bouquets to keep it unified and unique. This is great for any season whether it is an autumn wedding or a spring wedding, to bring nature and the outside, in.
- DIY Decorations: Get creative! From mason jar centre pieces to wooden signs and favours, there are plenty of home-made DIY rustic decor ideas for an extra touch of personalisation. Have a chat with one of our wedding coordinators for some more inspiring ideas. We also have an array of bunting and twine which you can add your own personal flair to.
- Get outside: Perfect for a summer wedding, our extensive lawns overlooking the valley makes for a beautiful setting in nature, with floral arrangements and aisles, and a natural spotlight firmly on you and your guests, we are fully equipped to host ceremonies anywhere on our 200-acres of land so the choice is yours.
- Take your guests glamping: Our 10 timber glamping pods and four whimsical fairytale cottages are the perfect rustic fun way to facilitate your guests. All of our accommodation comes with its own individual fire pit (to toast marshmallows on!) and orchard with outside seating areas and room for additional tents, vans and teepees, with a luxury shower block and kitchen facilities on site.
- Sparkle up the night: From firework displays to sparklers, it can really add a romantic ambiance and sense of exclusivity knowing that the magnificent light displays are only for you and make for some unique and memorable shots.
- Play vintage games: Whether it is undercover or outside on the lawns, having some vintage games for your guests to play with is a great way to keep them entertained, and it is something a bit different and quaint to boot.
- Invite some animals: As a nation of pet lovers, why not include them in your day? Or include a few unusual animals for a real crowd pleaser. We have welcomed Alpacas, pigs, horses, dogs and cats to Northside Farm so who (or whatever) you would like to include, we are happy to help (as long as they are not dangerous wild animals of course!)
- Go naked or cheesy: Naturally, we are talking about your cake! Un-iced ‘naked’ wedding cakes are probably the most synonymous with a rustic wedding theme, or change it up and have a cheese tier or huge pork pie for your cake instead. Whatever your choice, it will showcase your style and personality and add to the rustic vibe.
Remember, less is more when it comes to a rustic wedding. Keep it simple, cosy, connected to nature and reflective of who you are as a couple, and your wedding will be magical.